Monday, December 18, 2017

How to Establish a Work At Home Routine

How to Establish a Work at Home Routine

How to Establish a Work At Home Routine

Isn’t it relaxing to know what needs to be done is already, or will be in a timely fashion? Routine. It keeps us efficient. Recently, we took our annual family trip to Disney World, and I apparently brought back some sort of upper respiratory infection as a souvenir. We were gone 8 days for our trip, and I was sick (and still am) right up until our out of town company arrived. Needless to say, a routine is non-existent right now.

Like most creatives, routine does not come natural to me. I have to work REALLY hard at establishing some semblance of structure throughout my days, and subconsciously I’m still going to fight against it. What worked prior to our trip, won’t work now, because there are new factors thrown into the mix, like Christmas, another trip coming up, and various holiday events I want to throw and attend. So I’m doing what I do every so often, and chronicling a couple of days where I’m just “catching up” to see how I can prevent falling behind in the future. One can’t exactly plan an upper respiratory infection, but maybe I can create some space in there to get ahead on laundry? Every little bit helps, and I’m constantly looking for ways to refine any process. I’m not advocating we plan every second of every day, in fact, I think that harms us in the long run. Just the things that need to get done, things that would otherwise cause stress.

How to Establish a Work at Home Routine

  • Document what you’re doing throughtout your day (I use our Pretty Printable Planner Sheets to do this)
  • Use the notes section as a sort of “to do” list, and the timed areas as a log.
  • I still establish my “today’s one thing” up top because that’s important for me each day to feel as though I’ve accomplished something and been productive.
  • Once I have a couple of days logged I’ll use another printable planner worksheet to create a routine.
  • Start with the things that get done every day (dishes, laundry, kids to and from school). I put those items next to their corresponding times.
  • Then, I write what I’d like to get done in the notes section all at once. From there, I start adding those items into my schedule using those timed lines. Starting with most important, and working towards least important.
  • Because I use my Google Calendar to remind me of monthly/quarterly obligations, I’m able to focus in on the everyday very easily.

So, that’s how I do it. Simple, and effective. What’s your biggest obstacle in establishing and sticking to a routine?

Pin5
Share
Tweet1
Shares 6

Source link :
How to Establish a Work At Home Routine

0 comments:

Post a Comment