Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Four Ways to Attract People to your Organization

Like many other people in the world, addiction has affected many people I know and love. So lately I’ve been earnestly attending Al Anon meetings and working the steps. Al Anon is for friends and family of people with the disease of addiction.

One of the interesting traditions of Al-anon (and AA for that matter) is called Tradition 11. The first sentence of that Tradition goes like this:

There’s more to this Tradition of course, but today I’m just focusing on this one simple concept of attraction vs promotion.

The crazy part about Al Anon and AA’s “attraction growth strategy” written over 70 years ago is that it works. There are millions of members in AA and Alanon, all across the globe.

Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus (founders of The Minimalist) also preach attraction vs promotion. They work hard to help over 20 million people live meaningful lives with less through their website, books, podcast, and documentary. I consider myself an aspiring minimalist, so I’m attracted to and support The Minimalists. They’re growing simply because they’re sharing their passion and adding value to people lives.

Brains on Fire practices attraction vs promotion daily. Our hope is to help organizations “add value” by supporting their community of advocates. And to do well, by doing good in the world. We shy away from promoting ourselves. But we’re not the least bit shy about sharing our values and beliefs.

Start-ups (without tons of money or resources) also get attraction vs promotion. I lost my umbrella the other day and when I was looking for another one, I stumbled on this company called Westerly Goods. I reached out with a question and the founder quick got back to me with an email that attracted me even more to his brand. It was so full of energy and it was clear he loved his work (and like me, a good rainstorm). I’ll definitely buy an umbrella from him.

See more source :
Four Ways to Attract People to your Organization

0 comments:

Post a Comment