Monday, November 20, 2017

Introducing My New Project: ChangeManifesto.com

In 2009 I registered a domain name, ChangeManifesto.com.

My plan was to use this new domain and brand, to explore my favorite subject — how to make proactive positive change.

In particular, I wanted to explore how to change the big sticking points in life, those challenges that you work on for years and face frustration after frustration, often never reaching your desired goal.

In conversations with many people over decades, I’ve come to realize that most individuals have a sticking point in at least one of the three big areas of our lives –

  • Money
  • Health
  • Relationships

When I say ‘sticking point’ I mean a prolonged period of suffering or dissatisfaction in this particular area, despite how hard you work to change it.

I suspect as you read this, you’re thinking clearly about your one big sticking point. They are easy to identify because they’ve been there for a long time and the feelings of frustration are powerful!

I personally have dealt with challenges in all three of the big areas of my life, and I’ve worked very hard to make proactive positive changes in all three of these areas too.

However, in my case, there has always been one true sticking point.

It felt like no matter what I did, no matter how many books I read, advice I received, no matter how many action steps I implemented, I never really made significant progress in this one area.

Despite the pain and frustration I felt about this aspect of my life, I was also intensely interested in what it takes to truly change something that seems so hard to change.

When you spend over a decade working on something, and it feels like you get the same result over and over again, you begin to wonder whether you will ever get what you want.

You also start to wonder whether there is something fundamentally wrong with you, something that cannot be changed.

While I faced these negative thoughts many times, I always bounced back with a belief that I was in control — I just needed to figure out how to solve this problem.

It was with that attitude I dove deep into all aspects of change, from the physical, to the mental, to dealing with chaos and random results and people, to finding the principles you can live by and rely upon.

Only Five Years Late…

Change Manifesto

I thought I would turn my attention to the Change Manifesto – a book, a blog and a podcast – much sooner than I have.

Some reasons for the delay were unexpected, like my mother’s stroke and prolonged stay in the hospital before she moved on. Others were because I decided to prioritize different things, like revamping my teaching business, a tech startup and travels.

In hindsight, I today understand this delay was necessary. I lived through many more experiences that will go into the Change Manifesto and make it a much better project. I simply wasn’t ready to write the book yet, but now I am.

If this topic interests you, I invite you to first go subscribe to the Change Manifesto email newsletter.

You can also head to the Change Manifesto blog to get a taste of what is to come.

I’m Writing About Change

As much as I love writing about entrepreneurship, business and internet marketing, I have spent much of the past decade sharing stories and teaching in this area.

I’ve already started to write the Change Manifesto book, and I’m enjoying the chance to share stories from other areas of my life about other topics. Of course money is one of the big sticking points people face, so I will still be writing and talking about this subject.

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com will continue. My team are going to step in and help me with content production, which will probably end up meaning you actually see an increase in content here on EJ, since I simply haven’t had the time or desire to share a lot of what I have available behind the scenes.

I will also continue to share my entrepreneurs journey story here on EJ. Along with the Change Manifesto project, I’m also working on two entirely new businesses, both of which I plan to explore and share my experiences with you as I always have done here on this blog.

Here’s to new changes,

Yaro
ChangeManifesto.com

Source link

Read more source :
Introducing My New Project: ChangeManifesto.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment