Friday, June 29, 2018

My Search for a Free Online Reiki Course

Recently I searched the internet for a free online Reiki course, just to see what people have to offer. At first glance, it seemed there was lots of free information about Reiki, but after only a few minutes, I realized that none of them were actually "free" and many of them were actually irrelevant.

You would probably agree that one of the most annoying things about searching for anything on-line is when results are returned from places like "Adult Friend Finder" when you were looking for serious information and don't need an adult friend. So, I suppose that I should not have been surprised when I was searching for a free online Reiki course and got ads for carpet cleaning services and sports drinks.

The first site that I clicked on appears to offer Reiki first degree training, but since only the home page is written in English, I can't be sure. The site owner does apologize that the site is under construction and that she needs some help to build it in English, but there is no way to contact her.

Back at the search page, I realized that the number 2 spot was also written in a language that I do not speak. Funny thing, neither of them was written in Japanese. Not that I can read Japanese, I just thought that Reiki was a Japanese word.

Site number two did have Google links for Reiki courses, books and even mugs, but no free online Reiki course, so I continued my search. Since there were only 11 results returned, I thought that I would just click on each one. The third site was a directory of some sort, with lots of ads.

I clicked on one ad and learned that if I lived in the United Kingdom and could organize a Reiki training class for at least 5 other people, then the fee for my training would be waived. Plus, I could earn money if I referred more students. That one read more like a marketing campaign than a Reiki informational site.

The fourth site was another directory. At the fifth, the domain name had expired. The next three were sex sites and the last three had nothing to do with Reiki at all. At that point, I gave up on searching for a free online Reiki course.

I understand Reiki energy and I use it in my own life. I just wish it were not so difficult for other people to find the information that they need. I'm sure that many people give up in frustration and never return to the subject.

I have learned a lot about Reiki over the last several years. I began studying the use of the healing chakras when I was suffering from anxiety and depression. I am not exaggerating when I say that understanding the universal life energy has changed my life.

For many years, there was little information available about Reiki. A lot of the teachings were kept secret and in order to learn the art, you had to find a Master that was willing to teach you.

It is easier to find information now. Sadly, there is not a lot of "free" information. But, there are several very good and very inexpensive books, if you prefer to learn in the privacy of your own home, as I do.

In other words, there is no free online Reiki course, but there are some good e-books and some good sites that provide useful information. Understanding-Reiki.com is a good place to start.

by Patsy Hamilton

Read more source :
My Search for a Free Online Reiki Course

0 comments:

Post a Comment